Topic Sponsor

Bad Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Instrument Cluster

I have a 1995 f150 with the instrument cluster with the tach. Recently I haven't been having any problems but I noticed that my battery gauge and oil pressure gauge is acting funny. The battery gauge will fluctuate back and forth sometimes when I shift into reverse, but will go back to where it was right away. The oil pressure gauge today while I was driving was at the N in NORMAL. Usually it's just under the middle of the gauge but today was different. Awhile back it acted funny as well, but being under the middle of the gauge wasn't the issue, it was going too high. The truck hasn't acted funny with it being that way and doesn't lack power. I guess my question would be is if the single gauges in the cluster go bad or if it's something else. My rpm, tach, fuel, and coolant gauges all work fine, it's just the oil pressure and battery gauges that act weird sometimes. Does anyone know what the problem might be if it isn't the cluster?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:38 PM

I need help with this also. 1997 f150. The oil pressure gauge goes high and the volt meter goes to zero. The the temp gauge goes hot and the others go to normal. After that it starts over again and the fuel gauge never leaves fuel. Is there a module that controls it?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ramptrash
I need help with this also. 1997 f150. The oil pressure gauge goes high and the volt meter goes to zero. The the temp gauge goes hot and the others go to normal. After that it starts over again and the fuel gauge never leaves fuel. Is there a module that controls it?
First off, don't thread jack. Second, this is PRE-97 so you're in the wrong section.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by belgian50
I have a 1995 f150 with the instrument cluster with the tach. Recently I haven't been having any problems but I noticed that my battery gauge and oil pressure gauge is acting funny. The battery gauge will fluctuate back and forth sometimes when I shift into reverse, but will go back to where it was right away. The oil pressure gauge today while I was driving was at the N in NORMAL. Usually it's just under the middle of the gauge but today was different. Awhile back it acted funny as well, but being under the middle of the gauge wasn't the issue, it was going too high. The truck hasn't acted funny with it being that way and doesn't lack power. I guess my question would be is if the single gauges in the cluster go bad or if it's something else. My rpm, tach, fuel, and coolant gauges all work fine, it's just the oil pressure and battery gauges that act weird sometimes. Does anyone know what the problem might be if it isn't the cluster?
I bought my '90 a month ago and neither temp or oil pressure gauges worked. Replaced both sensors and now they do. I'm thinking I spent like $25 for the two at Autozone.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Forge-World-FORD
First off, don't thread jack. Second, this is PRE-97 so you're in the wrong section.
First off, my bad and I am sorry.

Quick Reply: Bad Instrument Cluster