Topic Sponsor

Audio Install on 1995 F150

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Chief Mystic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audio Install on 1995 F150

It has a 4 speaker factory system. At the end of the day, this is one of the EASIEST vehicles I have ever swapped stereo/speakers in.

Rears are 4x8's. They are accessed by removing the grills in the rear, and 4 screws each. Splice wires. Simple, quick, easy

Doors are 6.5's. They are accessed by removing the door panel. Easy enough to do if you have Power windows, a little more complicated if you have manual windows. Splice wires.

The Deck requires a wiring harness just like any other deck. Splice them to the new deck's Harness.

You do not need a Dash Kit, or an antenna adapter. Many places will tell you that it is necessary. Spend the money instead on the Ford factory stereo removal tool, this will allow you to pull the deck in seconds. Disconnect the 3 Leads (antenna, Speakers, and Accessory switches).

Your new deck will have what is called a 'Cage'. Remove it from the deck and install it directly in the hole in the dash. No kit needed. attach wires, slide deck in, and your done.
The following users liked this post:
Cpt Obvious (11-15-2014)
Old 11-15-2014, 05:56 PM
WECSOGer, jr gearhead

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Answers some questions in the back of my head, not planning on replacing anytime soon, but it's on the list, thanks!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Put new headunit, 4 channel amp, 4 speakers in my '95 f150. Note: Don't purchase the stereo removal tool... simply take a metal hanger, cut it into 2 6" sections of wire, and bend into U shape. Works great for almost no money:

The following users liked this post:
Bill Clay (07-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Audio Install on 1995 F150