Topic Sponsor

Aftermarket headliner with speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket headliner with speakers?

Has anyone done this? If so, what's your experience?

I have a 95 XL with no headliner, I was thinking about adding one and found this.

http://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobi...uctinfo/37425/

Tried searching the forum but my phone sucks or their is nothing on it... if there is another thread please link!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump
Old 05-25-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I replaced some factory stuff with similar "headliners" back when these trucks were new.

I was never impressed with the quality of the material and it's ability to hold gear or speakers, without a lot of fabrication and strengthening, which ultimately failed a few years down the road, anyway.

Mounting them was problematic, as I did not want to drill screws and adhesives did not hold up either.

This one comes with speakers, very light ones I suspect and likely very little space for wires and connections to the existing trim to hide those wires feeding the panel.

We tried taking power and rewiring thru the dome light, but that was a problem as well.

If you try it, let us know, and you might speak with the grave yard to see what they can tell you about this one.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Patriot (06-10-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, I would go to U Pull it and find a headliner. If the fabric is dirty, replace with new from fabric store and be done! Way less than $250 bucks for plastic headboard.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket headliner with speakers?