Topic Sponsor

1995 f150 door lock actuator

Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 f150 door lock actuator

I have the 1995 F150, has anyone replaced the driver side door lock actuator. How does the actuator come out?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there is a pop rivet along the edge of the door that needs drilled out. the actuator gets unplugged then you have to finagle the metal rod of the actuator off of the bottom of the lock mechanism. that is the hardest part, and since you will have to do it by feel i suggest getting the new actuator first so you have an idea of what your trying to disconnect. oh and there may be a boot covering it all. install is all that reversed. make sure you got the required tool to install pop rivets
The following users liked this post:
sonnyjones (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4wheeldevil
there is a pop rivet along the edge of the door that needs drilled out. the actuator gets unplugged then you have to finagle the metal rod of the actuator off of the bottom of the lock mechanism. that is the hardest part, and since you will have to do it by feel i suggest getting the new actuator first so you have an idea of what your trying to disconnect. oh and there may be a boot covering it all. install is all that reversed. make sure you got the required tool to install pop rivets
Thanks for your reply, where is the best place to obtain a replacement?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rockauto.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 f150 door lock actuator