Topic Sponsor

1993 XLT Drivers Door Won't Open

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 AM
new guy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 1993 XLT Drivers Door Won't Open

Hey all! My old man's drivers door won't open. Key won't turn in the door lock, pulled the rod inside the door for the lock, still will not open. The handle inside pulls up and the push button on the outside pushes in. Also, the power lock button works with the passengers side door but won't unlock the drivers. Not sure if its a handle or lock problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:08 PM
new guy

Got it open. The lock rod down in the door was jammed up.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having this same problem with my 93. I just bought the truck, and when I bought it you could easily open the door from the outside.

Then I accidently bumped the manual lock button with my elbow, not the power lock button, the one located toward the rear of the door.

Now I have to crawl across the seat and pull the interior door handle to open the door.

I have removed the door panel and looked at everything, and I can't get the rod to move upwards, it's like it's caught on something but I can't see what.

Maybe the power lock solenoid seized and won't extend up, I'm going to disconnect that tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:15 AM
new guy

Sounds like the same problem we had. He isn't that worried about the door being locked or not so he just removed the whole rod. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1993 XLT Drivers Door Won't Open