Topic Sponsor

Spare Tire

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare Tire

I have a 95' f-150 short bed single cab and ever since I bought it, the spare was in the bed. Well im trying to re gain some bed space and remount it under the truck. Im having trouble figuring out were the front clip goes for the tire holder, the one closest to the differential.

I understand you gotta crawl under you truck to see it, but if someone could PLEASE take a picture for me I would GREATLY APPRICIATE IT!!

Thank You
Old 03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

LMC truck has great diagrams. my driveways mud and my spair tires on a bronco swing away style mount so cant help much.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Salvage Yard Pro

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

Not sure where your tire is in the bed, but I saved allot of bed space by using the unused bed space between the wheel well and the tailgate. I just used a piece of all thread and made a mount with a wingnut. It aint the prettiest thing, but I didn't like the fact that the tire mounted under the bed left a permanent crease in my sidewall after a few months and it's also not safe at all crawling up under the truck on the roadside or with the truck up on a jack. I realize that I should remove the tire before jacking the truck up, but my last rear flat made that a you know what!
Edit, I know I didn't answer your question. Sorry. Just an option that might save you some money and accomplish clearing your bed. My spare carrier and hardware all went to the scrap yard.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by unit505; 03-29-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM

Hey no problem, see I already purchased all the new bolts ect. from LMC. But I did have my tire like that for a while and also against my head ach rack. But thanks for reply.

Thank you The Collector and Unit505
Old 03-29-2014, 10:02 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Hey, since we're not helping, here's mine:

Spare Tire-forumrunner_20140329_220118.jpg

Pretty sure mine wasn't like yours, and I cut it off a while ago.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 AM
lost my Car again...

Mine just fell off one day It was rusted so bad i coulnt get it off without a torch and the tire was still good so.
I went with the really neat Bronco spare holder.

as far as i can tell theres just a single bolt to the passenger side and the beam crosses over to the drivers side rear, thats the big eye hook style one and it bolts right up to the frame.
Attached Thumbnails Spare Tire-img_1050.jpg   Spare Tire-img_0912.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

It's all making sense now....you being a zombie killer.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
lost my Car again...

LMAO I just like the post Apocalypse vibe. they always have the kick *** cars and trucks, once i can afford the 3k ill be getting a massive push bar up front for my truck. plus some more lights and a light lift kit. just to sell the whole road warrior vibe with my truck
Old 03-30-2014, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the replies,
I took a tape measure and measured the "channel" for the spare tire. Mine measures like 45" overall and then I looked at the LMC Catalogue and there states that the "channel" is 49" maybe that's my problem. Because I have the location of the hole on the rear cross member, but nothing lines up in the front. Now I herd somewhere that the diesel spare tire channels are shorter, I don't understand why that would be. But from the problems im having im believing it.

If anyone can shed some light on this, thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Hi 95blueXLT, this is my first post, but I think I can help you out. Maybe you have already figured this out?

Anyway, I took some pictures of where the spare tire bracket mounts on my truck (shortbed, regular cab '95). Not sure if they are all the same configuration or not.

The front of the bracket mounts on the driver's side just in front of the crossbar ahead of the gas tank. There should be a hole there right behind the bump stop.

Here's where the rear connects - passenger side, just behind the gas tank.

Hopefully this will help you sort it out. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Spare Tire