Topic Sponsor

Sagging Driver Door

Old 10-27-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sagging Driver Door

To start with its a 94 F 150 Super Cab Driver door. So its hard to shut and have slam it pretty hard it to get completely shut and it's dragging (paint is rubbed thru inside the jamb in an area about the size of a finger nail) in the lower door jamb. With the door shut it's very evident that the rear of the door is lower by about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of an inch. If it is not shut forcefully it will be half shut and rattle back and forth. There is very little to no play in the hinge so could it be adjusted or do I need new hinges? A body shop guy said that what the hinge is connect to is welded onto the A pillar and the bolts can't be loosened and adjusted slightly upward to cease the dragging. Is this correct? Another thing the metal tab that catches the plastic or rubber roller that holds the door open is broken off. Can it be replaced without buying a whole hinge or bracket? me please as I'm really tired of slamming my door. FWIW the passenger door has to be shut hard to shut it completely too but its very level and not dragging.

Thanks Abunch Folks!
Old 10-27-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can replace the hinge pins and bushings, the door check plate and roller and the door striker. All contribute to door sag. All available in the Dorman products line.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=94+f150+door+hinge+pins

Chap
Save
Save
Old 10-27-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So is not adjustmentable? Im cheap...... Also I thought Dorman was not so good quality.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ha .. I understand the $$. Yea, as much as I bleed blue, some of Ford's ideas weren't so "better". No real adjustment is available for the door. The pin bushings can be a royal PITA to be sure. And if you were born with only two hands, you'll need to get a buddy to help out. I think there's some YouTube howto's on replacing bushings.

But, I'm in the same boat as you. 94.XLT with driver door sag. So we could be the Sag Brothers ...

As far as Dorman quality, they are as good as anything else that comes out of China.

Chap

Save
Old 10-27-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

The mount to the hinges can be adjusted, but the only way to do it really is to remove the fender, which requires removing the header panel and lower valance, among other things.

Only reason I ever adjusted the doors at the hinges is because I replaced a door and fender on the passenger side. Realistically you shouldn't have to adjust them otherwise, it would most likely be the items Chap150 mentioned above that needs replacing.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:32 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

NAPA sells the pin and bushing kit for about 15.00.

Search this Thread