Topic Sponsor

Rims and wheel spacer questions guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims and wheel spacer questions guys

Alright so I'm about to install a 6 inch suspension lift on my 94 f150 and I'm going to be installing a set of Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 35x12.5x15 tires. My question is what width rims do I need to buy to get the most tread life and performance with the least risk of popping the bead or other issues? My other question is could you guys upload some pics and give your opinions on if I should install a set of 1.5 inch wheel spacers or a set of 2 inch wheel spacers?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM

Stock rims will work, but you will definitely need wheel spacers if you go that route to avoid rubbing your radius arm. If you are thinking of getting new wheels, get something with a deeper well and you won't need the wheel spacers. 15x10 with the right backspace would probably be the way to go. Here's my rig with 4" of lift over 33 12.50's on stock rims. Rubbing radius arms though so I am getting 2" wheel spacers so I can go full lock. Remember to extend your front bumper out too so you can avoid rubbing.

Name:  IMAG0489_zpszcfc57ea.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  109.2 KB
Old 07-31-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by hedimitrius
Stock rims will work, but you will definitely need wheel spacers if you go that route to avoid rubbing your radius arm. If you are thinking of getting new wheels, get something with a deeper well and you won't need the wheel spacers. 15x10 with the right backspace would probably be the way to go. Here's my rig with 4" of lift over 33 12.50's on stock rims. Rubbing radius arms though so I am getting 2" wheel spacers so I can go full lock. Remember to extend your front bumper out too so you can avoid rubbing.
your truck looks nice man. See I was going to go with the stock ones cause I love my stock chromes, but everything I've read said that putting a 12.5 on a stock rim was going to make the tires wear real bad in the center of them. Have you had that problem? And what psi do you have to keep those tires at on the stock wheels?

Quick Reply: Rims and wheel spacer questions guys