Topic Sponsor

Rigid Industries

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rigid Industries

Has anyone used RI D2 driving lights for primary lights on road? I know it's not DOT approved and all that so please save it. Just wonder if anyone has and how they worked.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently installed a set with the Driving Light pattern on my motorcycle. I was hoping they would work for standard aux driving lights at night but they are too bright and throw light everywhere. They are great for being seen in the day. It's possible the Hyper Spot pattern properly aimed might be better to put the light on the road and not in oncoming driver's eyes. It just seems that trying to control all 6 LEDs is a bit much for the precision to be good. (IMO)

Last edited by moymurfs; 10-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:42 AM

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

I have a pair on my truck. I use them when it is raining
Old 11-30-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinzbilly
Has anyone used RI D2 driving lights for primary lights on road? I know it's not DOT approved and all that so please save it. Just wonder if anyone has and how they worked.
As an FYI I read recently that RI now has DOT approved driving LED lights. I also have several RI's on the front of my truck, D2 fogs, SRQ-2, 30" SR and none of them can be used for street driving as the light is too intense and scattering. I get flashed constantly if I drive with any of them turned on. Even the fogs which are pointed lower and in the factory fog holes, they too scatter too much. Now for backroads and offroad with all turned on I can see everything for a long ways, love them.
I might try some of their new DOT approved lights to see if they are focused enough for this duty, the standard lights simply are not.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dannytexas
As an FYI I read recently that RI now has DOT approved driving LED lights. I also have several RI's on the front of my truck, D2 fogs, SRQ-2, 30" SR and none of them can be used for street driving as the light is too intense and scattering. I get flashed constantly if I drive with any of them turned on. Even the fogs which are pointed lower and in the factory fog holes, they too scatter too much. Now for backroads and offroad with all turned on I can see everything for a long ways, love them. I might try some of their new DOT approved lights to see if they are focused enough for this duty, the standard lights simply are not.
I SEEN THAT! Can't wait to get a set of them when they come out! They also have found lights now which will give me a different option for my off road bumper. Is it just me or does the square Dually's in a round hole look cool!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinzbilly
I SEEN THAT! Can't wait to get a set of them when they come out! They also have found lights now which will give me a different option for my off road bumper. Is it just me or does the square Dually's in a round hole look cool!
I like the square look in the round hole but others prefer they match. Some like chrome, some do not, some like red trucks, some do not.
I guess the beauty of buying something for our trucks is that we are buying and paying for it so WE choose what WE like and don't like.

If anything the square D2's allow enough room to clean the inside of the fog hole when I wash my truck.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:32 PM
F150 Forum

Received 235 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dannytexas
As an FYI I read recently that RI now has DOT approved driving LED lights. I also have several RI's on the front of my truck, D2 fogs, SRQ-2, 30" SR and none of them can be used for street driving as the light is too intense and scattering. I get flashed constantly if I drive with any of them turned on. Even the fogs which are pointed lower and in the factory fog holes, they too scatter too much. Now for backroads and offroad with all turned on I can see everything for a long ways, love them.
I might try some of their new DOT approved lights to see if they are focused enough for this duty, the standard lights simply are not.
You heard right!!

Check them out, shipping next week - https://www.f150forum.com/f83/new-ri...lutions-278960

Quick Reply: Rigid Industries