Topic Sponsor

Re-Clear Coating

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Clear Coating

This may be an asinine question but I'm not to hip on painting or clear coating. My OEM matching color camper top is peeling clear coat with a vengeance. The rest of the truck is clean except for the roof and a couple rust areas.

My question is, if I put clear coat on the camper or roof, will it look as shiny as the sides or will it just shine up the dull paint underneath and look like sh*t?

If that is the case, has anyone used a Macco to repaint their camper top? As far as I know, there the only national chain auto painters in my area (Knoxville, TN), which I would think would be the most economically viable. (Id much rather do it myself and learn the process for future ambitions.)

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the time and learn your self you will be better off . macco is cheap for a reason friend of mine had a car painted by them and it looked like a giant orange from all the orange peal
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Would've been great if it was orange lol^
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Do it right the first time. If there is not rust and no scratches through the base coat then just get a scuff pad and make everything dull (not shiny). Then you gotta get some prep cleaner and clean the areas then hit it with a gun. I dont like the rattle can clear coats

Quick Reply: Re-Clear Coating