Topic Sponsor

Paint fix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint fix?

Hello all, I've been cleaning on my '92 a lot recently and noticed something. On the corners of the bed closet to the cab the white paint has rubbed off and green paint is showing after I waxed it. Any ideas on how to fix this on a budget?

Old 07-10-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

paint repair or painting AND budget are seldom used in the same sentence.

This type of wear is likely not going to look good with a rattle can repair or even spot spraying. Many times it is just old age showing through, other times, someone got too aggressive with a buffer and compound.

You can try one of the paint pen technologies, but it will not be what you are expecting. The paint, and the process to paint - used back then as compared to today's cars is no where close to each other...different in every way, better? perhaps not.

short of a complete paint job...the efforts will look like a patch..
Old 07-10-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kd3pc
paint repair or painting AND budget are seldom used in the same sentence. This type of wear is likely not going to look good with a rattle can repair or even spot spraying. Many times it is just old age showing through, other times, someone got too aggressive with a buffer and compound. You can try one of the paint pen technologies, but it will not be what you are expecting. The paint, and the process to paint - used back then as compared to today's cars is no where close to each other...different in every way, better? perhaps not. short of a complete paint job...the efforts will look like a patch..
okay well thanks for the insight!

Quick Reply: Paint fix?