Topic Sponsor

LED light pod auxillary reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Constant Parts Buyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED light pod auxillary reverse lights

So I'm currently on an LED craze and I'm trying to switch nearly all of my bulbs to LEDs so I can get some light on my truck so I can actually see! During my spring break I was out on my friends grandparents land at about 1 in the morning and I was needing to back up to go into town and being there's absolutely no street lights or major lighting scenarios out there, my reverse lights were practically useless and I've decided I wanna purchase some cheap led pods from Amazon. I want them to come on automatically when I put my truck in reverse, and I get how to do that by splicing into the power wire from the reverse in the taillight, but I also want the capability of switching them on and off from the cab when I might need them. I don't really know anything about wiring and circuits etc. so how would I go about have the option to turn them on and off while also having them automatically come on in reverse?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by madsky012
So I'm currently on an LED craze and I'm trying to switch nearly all of my bulbs to LEDs so I can get some light on my truck so I can actually see! During my spring break I was out on my friends grandparents land at about 1 in the morning and I was needing to back up to go into town and being there's absolutely no street lights or major lighting scenarios out there, my reverse lights were practically useless and I've decided I wanna purchase some cheap led pods from Amazon. I want them to come on automatically when I put my truck in reverse, and I get how to do that by splicing into the power wire from the reverse in the taillight, but I also want the capability of switching them on and off from the cab when I might need them. I don't really know anything about wiring and circuits etc. so how would I go about have the option to turn them on and off while also having them automatically come on in reverse?
http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...-how-pics.html

MGD
The following users liked this post:
madsky012 (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Constant Parts Buyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks! Very informative, definitely going to remember that thread!

Quick Reply: LED light pod auxillary reverse lights