Topic Sponsor

Header panel and complete assembly?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header panel and complete assembly?

I had a head light go out the other day, so I purchased a bulb today... only to find that a previous owner of my 95 F150 had epoxied the headlight lens (a) to the bulb assembly, and (b) to the header panel itself. Due to this, several of the plastic parts had melted.

There is no way to repair this correctly without replacing the header panel. I can't just put a new bulb in, since the bulb assembly was epoxied to the lens.

So I took the entire thing off the truck. All of the lenses are faded anyway, and I might as well take the time to just put all new lenses in too.

So... is there a such thing as a completely header panel, with headlight/blinker/running lamp lenses already in place, along with the chrome trim piece?

Or will I need to order all of this stuff separately? (If so, where are some of the places that you guys recommend for things like this?)
Old 01-27-2015, 02:03 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Not sure exactly what you mean by the header panel, are you referring to the entire front assembly (same one the grill bolts to)? If so your best bet would be to harvest one from a junk yard as shipping on something that size will probably be more than you would pay for a used one at the JY.

Lights for our years can be purchased almost anywhere online (rockauto, amazon, ebay, LMC, etc..), most don't come with the (chrome or black) surround trim piece. The lights I got are one solid piece with no surround, HID projectors with LED running lights and LED/old school parking lights - can be seen in this thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f91/euro-headlights-286856/
Old 02-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Assuming your referring to the plastic piece that bolts the the rad support? Junk yard would be your best bet, I've got one off a 8th gen and 9th gen with lights but I'm assuming shipping from canada wouldn't be worth it.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

Rock Auto gas the Header Panel for 28.79. You can also find them on Ebay. I just replaced mine about a month ago

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Header panel and complete assembly?