Topic Sponsor

Halo lights- getting frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo lights- getting frustrated

Does anyone have ANY way they have put halos on or have seen halos put on the obs? Not just in headlights but maybe in fog lights or anything? I'm dying to put color changing halos on my truck but can't find a creative way to do it.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Kicker42
Does anyone have ANY way they have put halos on or have seen halos put on the obs? Not just in headlights but maybe in fog lights or anything? I'm dying to put color changing halos on my truck but can't find a creative way to do it.
Hi.

It can be done. But to be effective if it's within the headlight housing, you'd need to either replace the lenses with clear ones, or replace the housing with an aftermarket clear-lensed alternative.

Then, after you've removed the lens - you could populate the internals with items from this page ( the controller is also in there ): http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting.html

BTW - if yer going through all of this trouble, you may wish to go all the way and retrofit a set of HID Projectors (from the same vendor) - you can then place halos on/within the shrouds.

Good luck
MGD
Old 04-08-2015, 04:26 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

x2 on the HID Projectors (if you are putting in HID you need the projectors or you will just dazzle oncoming drivers and loose the majority of the light output to scattering) they make sooooooo much of a difference.

Didn't want to do the work to retrofit so I just got these off Ebay last year. HID lights up the night and the Halo's and side LEDs give it a beastly appearance at dawn/dusk.

Just the parking light on.
The following users liked this post:
MGD (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 04:28 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by fltdriver
x2 on the HID Projectors (if you are putting in HID you need the projectors or you will just dazzle oncoming drivers and loose the majority of the light output to scattering) they make sooooooo much of a difference.

Didn't want to do the work to retrofit so I just got these off Ebay last year. HID lights up the night and the Halo's and side LEDs give it a beastly appearance at dawn/dusk.

Just the parking light on.
Now that's simply beautiful!

Cheers!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kicker42
Ive seen a way where you have to melt the seal around the headlights, and buy an led colorshift kit, drill small holes in the plastic headlight backs to run wire and hangers through to do a DIY Angel Eye look on the trucks. check out these guys, i feel like they make the kit im talking about. http://www.ledconceptslighting.com/pages/halo-info

You could do something like this possibly but i dont know how hard it would be to mount into the plastic monting brackets.http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231517859496?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Quick Reply: Halo lights- getting frustrated