Topic Sponsor

Good Replacement Fenders 94 f150

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Replacement Fenders 94 f150

Hey all I would greatly appreciate your help. I posted on here last time when I was replacing my tranny and clutch all went well and works great! Thanks!

So now I'm wanting to tackle the exterior. So it doesn't look bad at all the only thing of course, rust starting around the wheel wells on all panels. The worst part I want to tackle first is the Front drivers door and Front Driver fender. It has a crease right where they meet and the previous owner over extended the door and now whenever you open the door it hits the fender. So I want to replace both. Where do I start looking?

I've seen a lot of replacement fenders that are fiberglass? Also I recall a website but the reviews said the fenders where very thin gauge metal and dented and flexed too easily? So I'm not sure where to go any thoughts?

As for a door Over all its in good shape no rust just a crease at the hinge but I don't think I could repair it. Not sure how to tackle that one. I wish I could add my pics but it wont let me.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 12:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get OEM fenders taken off junk yard trucks shipped to you from a salvage yard in the dessert areas of the U.S. (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Dessert Palms area of California etc). Simply look for "parting out f-150" on Craigslist and contact the salvage yards who have placed trucks being parted out on Craigslist. I get as many parts as I can from out west cause they are not all rusty!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't shipping cost more than its worth? I called one guy parting out his ford and he mentioned it would cost more to ship than its worth he recommended me to go elsewhere.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

The shipping will probably cost more than the fender itself - but if you can find one with your color code in decent shape it is worth it when you factor in the amount of time and money you would have to spend painting it.

Check out a junkyard search engine like car-part.com.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Just go on a hunt in your area. even here in the S Ontario salt belt, I still get the odd truck in with mint doors and fenders.
It's worth the time to find some solid factory fenders. They fit right and they're much better made than any of the aftermarket ones.
Worth the extra money if you can find some.

Quick Reply: Good Replacement Fenders 94 f150