Topic Sponsor

Bed tie downs and tailgate net?

Old 11-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed tie downs and tailgate net?

Does anyone know where and how to install tie downs inside the bed?
I have a 94 f150 short bed. The only tie downs I have are in the four holes on top of the bed and they don't seem sturdy to me when I have my ATV in the bed. I want to have them in the floor of the bed or lower on the walls where the bed is stronger but haven't seen any 94's like that.

Also, what is a good brand for tailgate nets? (I don't have a tailgate) I can only find bully and ProNet, neither of which have good reviews.

Pics would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Formerly "the_breeze"

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 94-300
Does anyone know where and how to install tie downs inside the bed? I have a 94 f150 short bed. The only tie downs I have are in the four holes on top of the bed and they don't seem sturdy to me when I have my ATV in the bed. I want to have them in the floor of the bed or lower on the walls where the bed is stronger but haven't seen any 94's like that. Also, what is a good brand for tailgate nets? (I don't have a tailgate) I can only find bully and ProNet, neither of which have good reviews. Pics would be greatly appreciated
I have tie downs that use the stake pockets on the side and I could hang my quad out the back of the truck by them. Trust me they'll hold some weight. But if you're going to put them on the bed floor I would use the bed mount bolts that go through the frame, just buy longer bolts.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

I have mine tucked in front of and behind the wheel wells.
I use 1/2" eye hooks w/ about 2" of thread. standard washers and heavy fender washers both sides of the metal. I could pick my truck up with them.
Just look underneath before you drill holes - don't want to hit anything with a drill bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bed tie downs and tailgate net?