Topic Sponsor

93 XLT Supercab 4x4 Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 XLT Supercab 4x4 Lift?

I am thinking of lifting my truck. It's in great shape, engine and tranny are solid and the truck only has 82XXX miles on it.
I was looking at 35's and a 6" Rough Country lift.
Any suggestions? Yes, I know this is going to lower my gas milage. I would have bought a prius if I wanted an eco efficient vehicle, haha.
My questions is about the toll the 35's take on the tranny, what the differential needs to be regeared to, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. What kind of road noise do you get from the 35's? How much (in your opinion) do you lose in breaking power and does it require a lot more steering input when driving?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Beerman
I am thinking of lifting my truck. It's in great shape, engine and tranny are solid and the truck only has 82XXX miles on it.
I was looking at 35's and a 6" Rough Country lift.
Any suggestions? Yes, I know this is going to lower my gas milage. I would have bought a prius if I wanted an eco efficient vehicle, haha.
My questions is about the toll the 35's take on the tranny, what the differential needs to be regeared to, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. What kind of road noise do you get from the 35's? How much (in your opinion) do you lose in breaking power and does it require a lot more steering input when driving?
What engine/ tranny do you have? With a re-gear, it really shouldn't make a big difference on the life of your tranny or power if it is the right ratio. Somewhere there is a chart on stock tire size and gearing, to match it up with your tire size to make it perform nearly like it did before. Ill try to find it. Thats about all the info I can offer, because my tires arnt 35's, or 33's or 31's.......... Bought my truck with brand new tires on it, so left them alone. ANd no one hear is going to knock you about mpg, because we also dont always drive eco friendly vehicles, if we do at all lol.
The following users liked this post:
Luke Beerman (07-09-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 PM
broke white boy

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

i honked at a prius once, thing **** all over me...
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon587
What engine/ tranny do you have? With a re-gear, it really shouldn't make a big difference on the life of your tranny or power if it is the right ratio. Somewhere there is a chart on stock tire size and gearing, to match it up with your tire size to make it perform nearly like it did before. Ill try to find it. Thats about all the info I can offer, because my tires arnt 35's, or 33's or 31's.......... Bought my truck with brand new tires on it, so left them alone. ANd no one hear is going to knock you about mpg, because we also dont always drive eco friendly vehicles, if we do at all lol.
It's the 5L V8. I think thats the 40D tranny? I want to put 35's on it with the 6" lift. Its the supercab with 8' box so its a big truck and I want the bigger lift and tires to make it look a little better and have more fun driving it. What is the approximate cost of having someone regear it?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

don't ask, just do it, its worth it. I have a 4" lift on mine the previous owner did and I love it. sittin on 35's
Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by fordtrucknut
i honked at a prius once, thing **** all over me...
Lol
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Luke Beerman
It's the 5L V8. I think thats the 40D tranny? I want to put 35's on it with the 6" lift. Its the supercab with 8' box so its a big truck and I want the bigger lift and tires to make it look a little better and have more fun driving it. What is the approximate cost of having someone regear it?
TO have someone re gear it? Or you do it. It isnt too cheap but worth it, short term and long term. Yea it would look good lifted on 35's. I want to some point, but not now. Ill get that chart to you soon, just really busy.

Quick Reply: 93 XLT Supercab 4x4 Lift?