Topic Sponsor

1988 roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 roll bar

Im looking to put a roll bar on my 1988 F150 Truck. Where is the best place to order from?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:45 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Google a pretty good place to start looking. as for the best made that's a matter of opinion.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Salvage Yard Pro

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

I can't answer this question, but I'd like to add to your google search........if your going for looks, fine, but please compare the price of the lookers to the price of a true welded one piece drop in roll bar system. I've seen so many trucks that have rolled over with the bolt together roll bar kits and the roll bars folded over at the bolted joints giving absolutely zero safety factor. I've also seen welded up headache racks with a full size truck sitting upside down on top of them with almost no damage. Most towns have a dealer for work beds. I'd start there. They have the contacts for the fab shops and you'll probably save a ton on the shipping if they can have a roll bar delivered with one of their orders for local pickup.
The following users liked this post:
Snaggletooth (03-23-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 11:42 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

You could make one cheap with some PVC pipes.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:19 AM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
You could make one cheap with some PVC pipes.

No joke I seen a Chevy with a pvc bed bars and roll bar the guy had a plumbing name and number on the side of the truck too i have to say it was rather ingenious way to showcase his skills at pipe work lol
Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 95 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by unit505
I can't answer this question, but I'd like to add to your google search........if your going for looks, fine, but please compare the price of the lookers to the price of a true welded one piece drop in roll bar system. I've seen so many trucks that have rolled over with the bolt together roll bar kits and the roll bars folded over at the bolted joints giving absolutely zero safety factor. I've also seen welded up headache racks with a full size truck sitting upside down on top of them with almost no damage. Most towns have a dealer for work beds. I'd start there. They have the contacts for the fab shops and you'll probably save a ton on the shipping if they can have a roll bar delivered with one of their orders for local pickup.
Right. I saw when someone rolled their truck with one of those thin metal pinned together light bars and for the life of him he couldn't figure out why it was crushed under the truck rather than protecting the cab. If you're getting something for safety get true welded steel.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im thinking about welding one up myself, any suggestions or layouts anyone know of?

Quick Reply: 1988 roll bar