Topic Sponsor

Weird 94 5.0 F150 Tranny situation

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird 94 5.0 F150 Tranny situation

How's it going y'all this is my first thread on here and I got a transmission issue with on my 94 5.0 F150. Just got the truck about 2 months ago. I had the engine rebuilt, replaced both gas tanks, fuel pumps, and a MAF sensor, but now my tranny is actin up. Fluid looks good. Out of the 6 gears(PRND21) it'll only "shift" into 5 of those positions. Not sure which because the truck won't move. Whenever I put the truck into reverse however, I hear a grinding noise which I assume is coming from the transmission. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems in the past? I'd appreciate any help on this. I'm not much of a mechanic
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Waydekight
How's it going y'all this is my first thread on here and I got a transmission issue with on my 94 5.0 F150. Just got the truck about 2 months ago. I had the engine rebuilt, replaced both gas tanks, fuel pumps, and a MAF sensor, but now my tranny is actin up. Fluid looks good. Out of the 6 gears(PRND21) it'll only "shift" into 5 of those positions. Not sure which because the truck won't move. Whenever I put the truck into reverse however, I hear a grinding noise which I assume is coming from the transmission. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems in the past? I'd appreciate any help on this. I'm not much of a mechanic
Did it run and drive before the engine rebuild?... If so, the only explanation would be that the transmission was reinstalled incorrectly.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never witnessed the truck running before I bought it.. Got it for 600 bucks because it had atleast that on the exhaust. I was wrong in my previous post. The transmission emits a loud grinding sound when shifted back into park from any of the other gears. I was told this could be the torque converter not operating properly? I'm stumped.

Quick Reply: Weird 94 5.0 F150 Tranny situation