Topic Sponsor

Sqeaking under load??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sqeaking under load??

Yesterday my brother (Chevy owner) was leaking oil and caused his truck to catch on fire. I had to race to his location to help him. I put in the truck in 5th gear and was going 75 mph for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards I started noticing a squeaking or squeaking noise coming from the transmission (m5r2) and the noise was not dependent on whether or not the truck was moving or in gear. Any ideas???
Old 09-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Suggest if the squeak stops or changes pitch when you depress the clutch - could be the throwout bearing.
If so, not something to freak out over - these typically last a while in squeak mode, with the squeak sometimes coming and going over time. I've seen some throwouts with a grease fitting, don't know whether this model has it.
The following users liked this post:
Devin.preston (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wde3477
Suggest if the squeak stops or changes pitch when you depress the clutch - could be the throwout bearing. If so, not something to freak out over - these typically last a while in squeak mode, with the squeak sometimes coming and going over time. I've seen some throwouts with a grease fitting, don't know whether this model has it.
I was planning on doing the clutch in the next month. The throwout bearing was going to be included just glad I don't have to drop the transmission before I do the clutch just to replace the bearing lol

Quick Reply: Sqeaking under load??