Topic Sponsor

Power steering and transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering and transmission

So today driving and hose I have connected to the transmission line going to the radiator cracked it started leaking pulled off to the side cause it wouldn't respond at all. Got a new hose that wasn't so old and put it on. When I moved it tho out of someone's gras noticed power steering seemed odd. Once I got someone to bring me transmission fluid I started to drive it and power steering seemed to be fine but when I give it gas it hesitates before actually picking up and going. Went to get back in it to go somewhere and steering felt funny again. So didn't wanna risk it. I know you can use mercon v as power steering fluid, so is there any chance I'm low on power steering from all the fluid keeling out even though it was a transmission line??
Old 07-17-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Transmission and power steering are 2 totally separate, unrelated, unconnected systems.
If you're low on power steering fluid, you should put some in. And find the leak, if it's low - it had to go somewhere, it doesn't use it up.
For the transmission, check it when hot, on a level surface, idling in park. Do not overfill. If you did, undo the line and drain some.

Quick Reply: Power steering and transmission