Topic Sponsor

Needing y'alls opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing y'alls opinion!

Hey again everyone!
I've got a 93 F-150 (2WD, 5.0 EFI, XLT, single cab long bed) and I'm thinking of changing things up on it but I'm not sure what the best route is.

She has 188k+ miles on her on the original motor and transmission (never been in the shop, still runs and drives like a champ). I'm gonna be moving out soon and I was wanting to do some upgrades before I did. I'm playing with the idea of making the motor a little stronger (complete tranny and engine rebuild, bigger cam, better exhaust system, etc...) or buying a 351C or 351W and doing the same thing. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also if I would be better off getting a crate motor or rebuilding a used one. I'm sure the computer would have to be recalibrated to run with a 351 but I like the idea of more power. Plus if I buy one of the 351s I could upgrade the motor while I'm still driving it and not have to tear it all apart, leaving me without a vehicle. I would also like to put a limited slip or a posi-track rear end on it but I don't know where to even begin on that one. I want her to be reliable, but I also want it to be a little fun to drive, even if it's only in a straight line!

Any info is appreciated!
Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

You've got to stay with a windsor block (not cleveland) or you'll have massive headaches modifying everything.
Personally, I'd buy a junk 302 for 200 bucks and have it built up, then it's just a bolt in when you're ready.
Might want to look at 456 gears if you just want lots of around town acceleration
Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing

Quick Reply: Needing y'alls opinion!