Topic Sponsor

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some help!

I am deployed and cannot look at my truck. My wife sent me these photos and I cannot tell what this is. She came outside noticed a lot of fluid on the driveway with this piece laying in the middle of it. I've tried skyping with her to look under the truck but cannot tell what it is or where fluid is leaking. I know the photos are blurry and she lost the piece after taking the pictures. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure like to hear them!

1995 F150 351w 4wd.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

I don't recognize that as anything that would fall out and make a leak. Ask her what colour the fluid is.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:30 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Picture is too blurry to make out what it is for me.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:11 AM

^ same for me. I cannot tell what it is..

She said the fluid was "red-brown" and you can see it in the background. Still have no clue what would be leaking.. Guess I will figure it out when I get home.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerve
^ same for me. I cannot tell what it is..

She said the fluid was "red-brown" and you can see it in the background. Still have no clue what would be leaking.. Guess I will figure it out when I get home.
If it's red it is probably transmission fluid. I'm going to the auto wrecker today to look for parts for my truck but I will take a gander underneath some there and see if I can see anything. I know this is a stupid question as I'm pretty sure your wife knows the difference between fluid and dust but that stuff doesn't look very much like liquid, more like dust. But is she able to stick her finger in it to see if it's more like water or has an oily feel to it?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Very possible that the little thing on the ground has nothing to do with things and it's just leaking a little ATF or power steering fluid.
Maybe she could just get someone to make sure it's not low on fluids if she's driving it.
Most garages that are any good will do that for free.
Or take it somewhere for an oil change and have them check all the fluids. Oil change is never a bad thing.
And you won't have to worry about your truck while you're gone. Presumably you have more important things to worry about wherever you are.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:24 PM

Sorry for the late response.. I explained how to check transmission fluid to my wife and it was damn near empty. So now I just have to find the source of the leak.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:38 PM
92XLT 5.0, 93XLT 5.0 4x4

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, Thank you for serving our country.
Now
What is your home state?
Maybe a member local to your home would be willing to stop by and take a look at it for you. Other forums I belong to, we get together and try to help our deployed service members.
I am in southern Maryland and would be willing to help if not too far away.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (05-06-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by J Beard
First, Thank you for serving our country.
Now
What is your home state?
Maybe a member local to your home would be willing to stop by and take a look at it for you. Other forums I belong to, we get together and try to help our deployed service members.
I am in southern Maryland and would be willing to help if not too far away.

I live in Central Florida (Tampa Area). I really appreciate the generosity but I don't think you want to come down here for that, hah.

I did get a chance to go home for 2 days (first time in 11 months). I tore ligaments in my ankle during the deployment though so my movement is limited. I slid under the truck and found that the transmission pan gasket is compromised so I will be changing it and the filter this upcoming weekend. I don't get to come home for an extended period of time due to me having to have surgery done on my ankle.

Quick Reply: Need some help!