Topic Sponsor

Maddening Clutch Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maddening Clutch Issue!

1995 f150 2wd 4.9l L6 300ci manual long bed. I just replaced the the rear main oil seal, pilot bearing, fly wheel, clutch disk and pressure plate, centrifical slave cylinder, line, and master cylinder. Fly wheel bolts tightened to 60 ft lbs and maximum strength loctite applied. Clutch pressure plate bolts tightened to 30 ft lbs, loctited. Tranny bolts, 30 ft lbs, loctited. Everything tightened in star pattern. Slave is only traveling about an inch to an inch and a half. I can not put it into gear unless engine is not running, starting in gear with clutch pedal to floor results in truck moving. I bled the ever loving hell out of this thing via bleed screw. No more bubbles. I disconnected the line at the slave and stepped on pedal. I could press it to the floor with medium effort. I did this 3 times then the white plastic spring loaded insert broke and i can see the internal o ring. New line this morning. Do i still have air in my master cylinder/line? Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Stop opening the bleeder, you don't bleed it like brakes. Just pump the **** out of it.

Quick Reply: Maddening Clutch Issue!