Topic Sponsor

M5R2 - shifter out, came out of neutral

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M5R2 - shifter out, came out of neutral

Hey, little help!. I was replacing the bushings, removed everything in neutral. Reinstalled but while trying to get that shifter bolt back in, I disengaged it in another gear. Now when reinstalled it doesn't shift into any gears. What do I have to move through the port hole to put it back in neutral? Thank you.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by droc7
Hey, little help!. I was replacing the bushings, removed everything in neutral. Reinstalled but while trying to get that shifter bolt back in, I disengaged it in another gear. Now when reinstalled it doesn't shift into any gears. What do I have to move through the port hole to put it back in neutral? Thank you.
Had the same problem recently. There are 3 tabs down the shifter hole. One of those tabs will not be aligned with the other 2. Take a screwdriver and just try to push it into alignment with the others. Or check my post history, I had the same post on here, some dude gave a killer explanation! Good luck, its super easy!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1172905-m5od-stuck-in-1st-after-top-cover-r-and-r.html

Last edited by cfoster1; 09-15-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:04 PM

Thanks, I did finally figure it out. Worth the hassle as it now shifts like new for $13 and a few headaches. Those pins were a pain. There must be a trick but I just ended up banging it at an angle with a screw driver and left the other one in there. I wanted to go get the rubber plugs, but they aren't leaking and I had enough. I'll keep a close eye on them and have the brass ones handy.

Quick Reply: M5R2 - shifter out, came out of neutral