Topic Sponsor

intermittent stall at idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default intermittent stall at idle

Hi guys,

I have a 92 Ford F150 4X4 302 cu. in. 5 speed that frequently stalls when coasting to a stop or cornering at idle with the clutch in. If I depress the accelerator slightly I can usually keep it running. It throws a code 41 KOER self test which indicates this description; "HEGO (HO2S) sensor voltage low/system lean." In the course of installing a rebuilt engine the following have been replaced: the O2 sensor, IAC, EGR, MAP, fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, clutch, flywheel, water pump, distributer rotor and cap, oil pressure switch, radiator hoses,thermostat, throttle body assy, oil and filter, clutch slave cylinder, rear main seal, fuel filter, crankcase vent and cannister vapor purge solenoid. It ran good for about a year and then the CEL started coming on once in a while. Soon after the stalling problem appeared. It doesn't seem to happen with a cold engine but usually when warming up or hot. Trucks runs great otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Old 03-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Old Timer

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by r.a.ott
Hi guys,

I have a 92 Ford F150 4X4 302 cu. in. 5 speed that frequently stalls when coasting to a stop or cornering at idle with the clutch in. If I depress the accelerator slightly I can usually keep it running. It throws a code 41 KOER self test which indicates this description; "HEGO (HO2S) sensor voltage low/system lean." In the course of installing a rebuilt engine the following have been replaced: the O2 sensor, IAC, EGR, MAP, fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, clutch, flywheel, water pump, distributer rotor and cap, oil pressure switch, radiator hoses,thermostat, throttle body assy, oil and filter, clutch slave cylinder, rear main seal, fuel filter, crankcase vent and cannister vapor purge solenoid. It ran good for about a year and then the CEL started coming on once in a while. Soon after the stalling problem appeared. It doesn't seem to happen with a cold engine but usually when warming up or hot. Trucks runs great otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Did you ever get this fixed?
The following users liked this post:
bballard123 (11-06-2021)
Old 11-01-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did this get resolved?

My 91 f150 5.0 sounds like the same issues as r.a.ott. Did this ever get resolved? I have replaced the IAC and the TPS sensors. After I replaced those the idle began surging so I unplugged the battery to allow the computer to reset the idle. This worked for a while now its doing what r.a.ott described. I am now looking at changing out the EVP and EGR. What do you think?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vjsimone,

do you have any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
bballard123 (11-06-2021)
Old 04-13-2022, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doing this, replaced cam and crank sensors and it got alittle better but saw someone say something about the cam phasers. Unplugged those. Rode it around twice so far hasn’t happened again gona try it a third time on my way to work and if it doesn’t happen again cam phasers will be getting changed

Quick Reply: intermittent stall at idle