Topic Sponsor

Hoping for advice on a motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoping for advice on a motor

hello all,
Not sure if this is in the correct place because i saw a "engine" section but not for the year of my truck. I have a 1988 f150 long bed, single tank, 302 V8 injected. I'm slowly restoring it for it was my fathers and it means a lot to the family. It has either a stick valve or piston slap and im now hearing a thump which im sure is the crank bearings. Bottom line, im looking to get a "long block" for the car so all that would need to happen is putting the stock plenum, intake and injection and its good to go. I was thinking crate motors but i don't know what to get. I've seen a few companies online (ebay) that have short and long blocks. Ill be honest, i dont know all the sites or companies to go to in getting what i need or even a shop local to me to put the long block in. I'm in orange country California. The little stuff on the car i have no problem doing but the biggest thing is the motor and getting a simple long block where i can drop the top back onto it and its ready to go. Any advice would be help and and i would be thankful.

Thank you
John

Quick Reply: Hoping for advice on a motor