Topic Sponsor

fuel problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problems

1995 f150 with a 5.8. Having some problems and need help! It starts fine when sitting mostly flat but when it's angled up or down it turns over for awhile then sputters to start and I can smell gas. Also, when I rev it up, it first sputters then revs. I've replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator in hopes of fixing this but didn't help. What is causing this???
Old 12-12-2014, 09:16 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

First of all pull codes, then check vacuum on all of the lines coming off of the tree on top of the intake manifold, the tree the brake booster line is connected to the middle of *as long as you have a vac gauge out pull engine vacuum while runing-18-23hg steady, should drop then rebound and hold steady when the throttle is blipped*. Ensure proper voltage (.9-.97v closed throttle, I think 4.5-5v completely open) of the TPS, clean IAC/TB. If you get this far and haven't located the problem it's time to get a fuel pressure tester, most places have them in there loaner tool program (they also come with a multimeter if you don't happen to own one).

Quick Reply: fuel problems