Topic Sponsor

Evo 9 turbo in a 95 F-150 with a 4.9L

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:39 PM
N00B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Evo 9 turbo in a 95 F-150 with a 4.9L

So...I've got a bit of an odd question. A friend of mine is selling a turbo that came out of a Mitsubishi Evo 9. They are selling it for 175$. I just want to know if there is any sort or kind of way this could reasonably be used with my pickup. I've got a 300-6 with close to 200 k on it and have always wanted to do weird things with this truck. Let me know what you think about it. I don't want to buy it for no reason.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkFiddy
So...I've got a bit of an odd question. A friend of mine is selling a turbo that came out of a Mitsubishi Evo 9. They are selling it for 175$. I just want to know if there is any sort or kind of way this could reasonably be used with my pickup. I've got a 300-6 with close to 200 k on it and have always wanted to do weird things with this truck. Let me know what you think about it. I don't want to buy it for no reason.
Lol unless you have a lot of money and time don't buy that thing. If you were even able to set up the turbo to work on the engine you would need to replace almost all the internals to withstand the increased pressure from the forced induction and that's just the start of the parts you would need to buy. Probably would need aftermarket cooling system among other things as well. Especially with a high mile engine like that you would probably blow a head gasket the minute you got it running. If you really want a engine with a turbo in that truck you are better off buying an engine out of a mustang with a stock turbo or something and swapping it in. It would probably cost less in the long run.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Don't waste your money.

Quick Reply: Evo 9 turbo in a 95 F-150 with a 4.9L