Topic Sponsor

E4OD trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E4OD trouble

just recently got given a 93 f150 5.0l with a e4od transmission. had to replace starter within a week. no problem.
I was driving down the turnpike and went to go around a slow moving vehicle and the truck bucked soninleft off the gas for a second and pressed it again and the truck continued to drive fine. when I got off and stopped to pay the toll it acted as if it was stuck in 3rd, switched to 1 to see if it would move and it did. for going and manually shifted to 2, no problem, no buck no over rev nothing. get up to about 40 and go to shift to od and it goes into gear. able to reach 80+ no problem. If I slow below 40 without down shifting it will be sluggish as if it was in a higher gear than what it should be if it were manual. have plenty of transmission fluid though it really does need to be changed, just wanted to see if it's even worth it
Old 04-23-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

May want to trouble shoot your mlps sensor. It's on the driver side of the trans. Just follow your shift linkage. When these go out they can cause weird problems. Any codes? Blinking overdrive light?

Quick Reply: E4OD trouble