Topic Sponsor

E4od resistor mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E4od resistor mod

My 94 f150 with e4od has been having trouble with a delayed shift into drive only when cold. It usually takes about 10 seconds before it will engage into drive. I checked pressure and stall speed and all were in service manual specs. I inspected and replaced the connector. Still had the problem. Once in gear it shifts/pulls smooth.
I called monster transmission with my pressure numbers and they suggested i have a valve body pressure problem and recommended a pressure riser.
I wired it inline with the epc wire white/yellow because the method in there instructions did not work. It imidiatly got rid of the delay in drive but each of the 3 settings was incredibly hard shifts into reverse, drive, and upshifts. The standard, performance, and high performance feel exactly the same. Figuring it was a resistance problem. I purchased some 10 ohm resistors and wired one in. The super hard shifts were still there. I then wired in a 5 ohm resister and the truck shifted like normal and the drive delay returned.
Have any of you guys tried the resistor mod? Not understanding the problem im having. The lower resistor should make my shifts softer!

Quick Reply: E4od resistor mod