Topic Sponsor

e4Od problems persist after REBUILD

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question e4Od problems persist after REBUILD

Hello, I am having an issue with my 94' f150.

Problem:
The truck seems to slip out of gear and shift EXTREMELY hard into the next gear. This problem seems to happen more when cold but does rarely act up after the truck has warmed up. The issue usually happens at lower gears but will occasionally slip and slam into gear on taller gears also.

I have had the transmission rebuilt by a reputable gentlemen in my area; I received new Solenoid pack, torque converter and all the standard upgrades with a rebuild. The truck shifted great the day I brought her home and I could definitely tell the difference in the shift points... But the next morning on a cold run she kick hard!!! I told the mechanic about the issue and he replaced the transmission pressure (switch?!?). I drove it this morning and thought I was clear... and went to lunch mid-day and there was the issue again.

The motor has been rebuilt and EGR / Idle Control Valve where also replaced...

I have also been forced to change the PCM because the trucks was sputtering out of control and bucking really bad...

I have enough money and time on this truck that isn't worth anything and would like to get a ruling from the community before I seek more guidance and frustration from yet another mechanic.

1994 Short WheelBase XL
302 -New Rebuild -Runs GREAT
e4od -Fresh Rebuild
170,000 miles on chassis

If it may help:
Long Tube Pacesetter headers
K&N Intake
Strait Pipes to Flowmaster Super 44's

Any assistance or guidance will be GREATLY appreciated. I didn't see any information on here that address my problems...

Thanks for your time,
John
4x4 S
Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts

If you had a reputable guy rebuild your transmission and you paid him, take it back and tell him to drive it a day or two and get him to fix it. If he can prove it's not a transmission issue, then move on to other things. Also you might want to see if any codes have come up.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by memoniz
If you had a reputable guy rebuild your transmission and you paid him, take it back and tell him to drive it a day or two and get him to fix it. If he can prove it's not a transmission issue, then move on to other things. Also you might want to see if any codes have come up.
This. Even a rebuilt trans usually comes with a X month/ XXX mile warranty. Have him take it for a few days and see what he finds.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM

I appreciate your responses...
Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM

I have the same set up. I bought the truck with a bad motor, but a new rebuilt trans. The previous owner told me he had the same problem, and it was resolved by adding a external trans cooler and now it works great. I have no idea why that made the difference, but it took care of the problem. Something to do with 92-96 EAOD.

Quick Reply: e4Od problems persist after REBUILD