Topic Sponsor

clutch wont engage.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch wont engage.

Hi new here and newer to ford's in general. I just recently bought a 95 ford f150 4x4 5.0 5spd. The clutch pedal was spongy so I looked inside the bell housing and found the slave cylinder had a crack and fluid was everywhere. So I went out bought a new slave and installed it bled the system and once again I have pressure on the clutch pedal . It's still spongy but much better then before. So I went to test drive it and it won't move goes into all gears no problem but acts like it's in nuetral Or the clutch is bad. Before this the clutch never slipped I could floor it traveling up hill and no slipping only problem was the pedal was spongy and the clutch engaged right off the floor. I inspected the master cylinder and it's not leaking. What did I do wrong. I really need help with this. It's my only truck and if I can't fix it I'm gonna have to quit my job before I'm fired.

Last edited by tnewsomj; 05-22-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:18 PM

Also.. everything I read just says my slave wasn't bled right.. but if that was the case wouldn't I be having the opposite problem? wouldn't the clutch stay engaged instead of not engaged ?
No joke about to roll it out the garage douse it in gas and watch it burn. I'm on day 4 and about 40 hrs into this and haven't made any progress. I also work 50 hrs a week and am running on no sleep . Losing my mind. how do I check the pushrod? Should I vacuum bleed it. What should I do?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:03 PM

Default update

When I put it in 4wd it works fine. Did I reinstall My rear drive shaft wrong. I had marked it and reinstalled in the same position it was on. ? ?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 PM

Default problem solved

When I Put The Tranny in The 4wd Was Locked In Nuetral Although I Thought It Was in 2 high. I adjusted it a little and it finally moved back into 2h now it works fine. Sorry For Wasting Anyone's time.

Quick Reply: clutch wont engage.