Topic Sponsor

clutch sizes

Old 09-18-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch sizes

hello, I have a 95 F-150 4.9, 2 wheel drive. To get right to the point what size clutch does that take the smaller or larger one? also is there a different slave cylinder that must be used with the larger clutch? those are my two main questions, for those of you who have the time this is the whole story. I took it to a shop to repair a slave cylinder which was apparently a big mistake. While in process of repairing what I assumed to be a slave cylinder issue (typical peddle on floor syndrome) the mechanic noticed my pivot bearing had dislodged from the clutch. so I ordered a new clutch. TWO DIFFERENT CLUTCHES APPEARED O BE AN OPTION. A MEDIUM, AND A LRG. THE LARGE WAS LABLED TO APPLY TO VEHICALS OVER 8500 LBS CURB WEIGHT OR SOMETHING AROUND THAT NUMBER SEEMINLY MUCH LARGER THEN MY F-150. Apparently that clutch didn't work out so the shop ordered another one (the larger one) apparently that fit but after bleeding the line over and over and over all they could come up with was a few inches of travel on the peddle apparently something else is wrong. I'm getting it back from these clowns to finish it, I was wondering if anyone can explain the two different clutch applications as well as what may have an effect on clutch peddle travel ruling out bleeding the line, and or linkage issues. thanks for you time
Old 09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Two clutches, 10 or 11, either will work. No slave difference. Just pump the pedal to bleed, don't keep opening the blender.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clutch sizes