Topic Sponsor

Bronco Graveyard Throttle Cable Fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Bronco Graveyard Throttle Cable Fail

Well it has been quite some time since I have posted to this forum but I really thought that this needed to be seen. I have had a constant urge to buy all of my missing or broken parts for my truck (1995 F150 5.0 4x4 extended cab) from Bronco Graveyard. A few weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and dropped about 300 bucks on random stuff I needed. Everything that I received was in good condition and working order... besides the throttle cable. My stock throttle cable was not broken or stretched but there is a small white plastic piece that connects to the throttle body which was just falling apart. From what I have seen on many trucks from this year, this is an issue. From the minute I took off my old cable and put on the new one provided by Bronco Graveyard I would stick at WOT. You could limp it down the street if need be but just pushing the peddle seemed harder than before and would eventually stick if going up a hill or trying to pass another vehicle. As you can guess this really made me think that I had installed this product wrong. Somehow... That was until I bought another one from a Ford dealership and it worked perfectly. That same day I called Bronco Graveyard to tell them that they were selling throttle cables that stick and just to generally ask if other people were experiencing the same issues I was. As I asked the guy on the phone about this defect, he cut me off and said, "We don't make our products. We are just a retailer." This guy could care less that they are selling products that could get someone hurt. I also highly doubt he made any inclination to bring it up to anyone higher than himself. The phone conversation ended with that he was going to charge me a restocking fee for the returned DEFECTED part as well as myself having to pay for shipping. Great customer service BRONCO GRAVEYARD. This post is more to let this issue be known to all the ford community who have helped me with issues in the past. As well as save you time and money. Ford dealership charged me $52 for the same part Bronco Graveyard sold for $20. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $ for something that wont cause you bodily injury or even death.

Quick Reply: Bronco Graveyard Throttle Cable Fail