Topic Sponsor

95 i6 m50d to 5.0 aod auto swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 i6 m50d to 5.0 aod auto swap

I'm trying to get everything together to do this swap next week and I can't find two places that agree on the driveshaft length. The truck currently has a one piece shaft with new u joints. I'm going floor shift so I already bought the shifter. This is step one in my conversion. I am planning to put the engine from my mustang in as soon as I can gather all those parts. I have the complete mustang that I am pulling the engine from. I already have the 95 auto computer but not sure if the engine harness from the car will fit the truck.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Measure both transmissions bellhousing to tail to determine driveshaft length. I have one of each around somewhere, so next time I'm near them I'll compare them and let you know.
I think the transmission harness may be different too.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That I can do, and as far as I can tell the auto is 2'' shorter than the manual. However i've not been able to find the numbers or a specific driveshaft listed for my combination. I have a one piece driveshaft and would like to stay with a one piece but I don't want to have one made if I can avoid it.

Quick Reply: 95 i6 m50d to 5.0 aod auto swap