Topic Sponsor

88 f150 oil spray problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 f150 oil spray problem

Hey guys. My 88 f150 300 6 cylinder I just bought was completely clean under the hood when I bought it. (My guess is the guy did that just to get rid of it). But while driving to work today I started seeing smoke come through the shifter boot and I look behind me and its making a huge smoke trail. So I pulled over to look at it and it looks like oil has sprayed on the firewall a little on top of the intake but it is all the way down and leaking onto the exhaust. I've looked the best I could. With the engine running and couldn't see any thing. The smoke gets worse the more gas I give it. I checked the oil level and it was still good. Can't really see the back of the motor at all. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 12-29-2016, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the PCV line has come loose from the PCV or at the barb in the intake. I had a similar problem with my 92 4.9L. I'd replace the PCV and hose, but check the barb for obstruction, mine was gummed up and pumping oil out the dipstick when making a hard sweeping right turn also check the crankcase vent filter in the breather box for signs of oil.

Quick Reply: 88 f150 oil spray problem