Topic Sponsor

Uhhh oh!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Uhhh oh!

Parked backwards in my parking spot and noticed I had some crazy bad camber. Got under the front and all the steering linkage was intact, so I looked at the driver side strut, shock, mount, etc. and all was good so the other side was next. Checked the passenger side, and I think you guys can see what's wrong. I think I know what that popping noise was now. Lol

Sorry for the seeming wall of text, but a story seemed necessary.

Last edited by Vette117; 05-23-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:20 AM

Received 95 Likes on 89 Posts

I was gonna say all our trucks do that when you reverse but looks to me like your spring's alittle out of whack.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:18 AM

The spot that the spring and shock mount to is rusted away almost entirely, and after hitting enough bumps, it was weak enough to break and warp under the pressure of the spring, so it's sitting sideways. I managed to limp her home from a couple blocks away but she is going to be parked until I get it fixed. The PO had taken the truck to a shop and they only fixed the Must Have things to save money, and this corner was in an OK state at the time. It finally caught up to me. The driver side was replaced and the mount, spring, and shock are all new. I might as well replace all the suspension components that weren't done before while I'm at it.

*Edit - I will get some pics of the front of the truck to show how much that side is leaning, and how bad the camber is.

Also, suspension issues like this can be very dangerous, so make sure you guys don't drive anything with suspension problems. It can save lives and a lot of $$.

Last edited by Vette117; 05-25-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going through the exact same issue (my clunk started at the Indy 500), let me know where you find the mount. I haven't been able to find the passenger side anywhere!!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to find the passenger side mount through the dealer for around $100. Mine was was about as bad as yours.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I have been extremely busy with my work. I actually found the part for a little cheaper, (like $60 or something). I couldn't find the passenger side mount anywhere. I actually had to find a Dorman part number for the left side mount, and I looked it up on three Dorman website, where I was able to find the passenger side mount part number. It's only a difference of the last number. I think it was a difference of like xxx-405 and xxx-406. Anyways, cross referenced with Oreillys, and ordered the part that way.

My only problem with that is that the Dorman website said it was a "kit" that had the mount, hardware, and insulators or bushings or something. I only received the mount and hardware. No insulators or bushings. I will add the Dorman part number after I look it up again for anyone else who might need it.

Quick Reply: Uhhh oh!