Topic Sponsor

Positive Camber Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Positive Camber Issue

Hey all, I just got done doing spring buckets, shocks and pro-comp level springs on my 95 F150 4x4. I did all 3 to both sides. When I put the tires back on and set it on the ground it has a pretty obvious positive camber on both tires. I haven't moved the truck yet bc I was waiting on some brake line parts. I'm sure the truck needs an alignment anyway but it looks bad. Is that normal? Upper and Lower ball joints were done in August as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Not sure on the size of the pro-comp, if they are anything like the moogs (824 or 844) you are definitely going to need new bushings. I got the moog k80109 adjustable ones and did the alignment myself, my toe was good so I just set them so that the rotor top was level and the distance from rotor to rear tire was the same on both sides making sure that they were set with some caster. Took it for a drive and adjusted them so that the distance to the rear tire was slightly shorter so the wheels would straighten after a turn. Been driving on them for over 6 months and no issues or uneven wear yet.

SO to answer your question: yes that's normal with leveling springs and yes you should do something about it. While you are tinkering did you repack your wheel bearings? Since you pretty much have a new front end you shouldn't forget about them.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fltdriver
Not sure on the size of the pro-comp, if they are anything like the moogs (824 or 844) you are definitely going to need new bushings. I got the moog k80109 adjustable ones and did the alignment myself, my toe was good so I just set them so that the rotor top was level and the distance from rotor to rear tire was the same on both sides making sure that they were set with some caster. Took it for a drive and adjusted them so that the distance to the rear tire was slightly shorter so the wheels would straighten after a turn. Been driving on them for over 6 months and no issues or uneven wear yet. SO to answer your question: yes that's normal with leveling springs and yes you should do something about it. While you are tinkering did you repack your wheel bearings? Since you pretty much have a new front end you shouldn't forget about them.
Do I pull off the selectable wheel hub locker cap off and pack it with wheel bearing grease and put it back on?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:15 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

No you take the whole hub off, properly pack the bearings with grease, install new seals and reinstall the hubs. There's videos on you tube.

Quick Reply: Positive Camber Issue