Topic Sponsor

New coil springs make tires tilt inward at the bottom

Old 06-26-2016, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New coil springs make tires tilt inward at the bottom

Hello,

I have a 1990 f150, it had a 4 inch lift on it when I bought it. I got new leaf spring for the back because mine broke and this caused the back to sit a lot higher. I called rough country and asked them the best way to level it out and they told me to get the coil springs for a 6 inch lift. I installed the coil springs today and the height is perfect but now my tires lean in at the bottom. I was told by a friend that I might need longer axle drop brackets? I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions before I go spending my money on new parts?
Thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

If it is a rough country 4" lift then you are probably in luck - the 4" and 6" rough country lifts use the same axle drop brackets, but come with two different mounting points depending on the height of the lift. You probably just need to switch the mounting holes on both axle drop brackets. Check out the rough coutry website for installation instructions to verify.

Even after doing that though, you may still need an alignment to get your camber corrected. Any time one of these trucks gets adjusted in the front end its good to double check.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New coil springs make tires tilt inward at the bottom