Topic Sponsor

Lower in the summer/Higher in the winter?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lower in the summer/Higher in the winter?

So I'm sitting here thinking about my truck......like always. Its a 95 F150 4x4 5.0, regular cab/short bed. Its currently sitting on 33x12.5R15 with 2" ProComp level springs in the front and stock in the real. Looks good like that to me. I was wondering tho if I could get it a little lower in the summers with kind of a Lighting look and then put it back to where its currently sitting now for the winter. I have the stock tires still so the 33's would be taken off and put in the shed. So should I put stock coil spring in or lowered coil springs and the should I get lowering shackle brackets for the leafs? I would keep all my current parts and then when it gets close to winter swap parts and get an alignment. Also would I need new shocks or are the stocks fine? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks boys!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

You'd need to realign the front end every time you go up and down. Other than that, if you really want to do all that work twice a year, go ahead. At least the bolts won't have time to sieze up on you.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:53 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

x2 on a lot of work. It would probably be easier to put hydraulics in it, then you could go up, down, even do the 3-wheel salute.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_1
You'd need to realign the front end every time you go up and down. Other than that, if you really want to do all that work twice a year, go ahead. At least the bolts won't have time to sieze up on you.
I know it's a lot of work 2 do twice a year and I get alignments at a pretty decent price through some people. Plus I just find it relaxing working on the truck so for me that's not an issue. Also I had the same thoughts about the bolts which is a plus! So would I use stock suspension or lower could and lowering shackles? And shocks should still be ok to use right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lower in the summer/Higher in the winter?