Topic Sponsor

Lift kit or Leveling kit?

Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit or Leveling kit?

Hello all,
just wondering if anyone can help me make my decision between a Rough Country 4 inch lift kit or 2.5 inch leveling kit. I have heard both positive and negative reviews with both. I want to run 33" tires and I am aware I can run them with each kit . Anyone have any experience with either kit? any advice will be helpful!

95 F150 Eddie Bauer Ext cab
351W 4x4
Old 06-23-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently installed a Rough Country 4 inch kit with shocks and stabilizer. Installation went well, no issues with kit. Plenty of issues with removal of my stock components. Lots of rusted bolts and everything worn out. With the replacement of every bushing/ball joint/tie rod, and cleaning/painting, took longer than anticipated.
I haven't put alot a miles on yet, but I am very pleased with the results. Truck seams to drive as before; suspension not rough/stiff/harsh as others have reviewed. No rub with 33x10.5x15's on stock wheels. Kit was complete, only suggestion is if you are wanting to "flex" the suspension to the max then get the extended brake hoses. Stock ones work, but at full droop they are maxed out. Decide what you want the truck to do, then build it the way you want. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Lift kit or Leveling kit?-img_1701.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:43 PM

hey thanks a lot very helpful and truck looks deadly! would you recommend the steering stabilizer being an older truck?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

id get the 4" if you bought the 2.5" you will want to go higher down the road. also id suggest the steering stabilizers.

also id suggest getting extended brake lines if you plan on flexing the truck out at all.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 PM

Here's the kit I purchased:
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....oducts_id=1370

Came complete with steering stabilizer. Drove truck with and without. Didn't notice a difference, but bet it will help on rough rutted roads with bigger tires.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Merfman
I recently installed a Rough Country 4 inch kit with shocks and stabilizer. Installation went well, no issues with kit. Plenty of issues with removal of my stock components. Lots of rusted bolts and everything worn out. With the replacement of every bushing/ball joint/tie rod, and cleaning/painting, took longer than anticipated.
I haven't put alot a miles on yet, but I am very pleased with the results. Truck seams to drive as before; suspension not rough/stiff/harsh as others have reviewed. No rub with 33x10.5x15's on stock wheels. Kit was complete, only suggestion is if you are wanting to "flex" the suspension to the max then get the extended brake hoses. Stock ones work, but at full droop they are maxed out. Decide what you want the truck to do, then build it the way you want. Good luck.
What is the height to top of the wheel arches now? Looks good.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:56 PM

~37 1/2" front; ~39" rear

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift kit or Leveling kit?