Topic Sponsor

Caster camber degree help

Old 08-25-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caster camber degree help

So I'm putting all the 4wd front stuff in my 2wd 95 f150 and it's getting to be about time to put the caster camber sleeves in. I'm gonna be purchasing them new and doing a diy alignment for the time being as it costs about 2 to 3 hundred bucks to have it done. Obviously the caster camber sleeves come in different degrees. Is there a way to roughly tell what degree you need so i can get it close? I don't know much about this so any insight or help would be great.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

Buy a set of 0 degree bushings. Take to alignment shop and pay for a reading. Install appropriate bushing on each side, they come in 1/4 degree increments and return the zero bushings. Return to alignment shop so they can fine tune it. The biggest up charge is when they need to install new bushings. Stay away from the adjustable bushings., they are very hard to work with.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Probably not what you want to hear, but just take it to the shop. Shouldn't cost more than $200, and that should include the bushings, the install, and the alignment. If they quote you any more than that they are ripping you off. I think I paid $150 when I had it done.

You can spend a bunch of time trying to do it yourself with levels and mason string but you will never get it as perfect as the alignment shop will be able to get it with their fancy laser machine. And then you don't have to worry about ruining your tires which will cost waaaay more than the alignment.

There are three things I rely solely on professionals for on my truck - windshield replacement, window tinting, and alignment.
The following users liked this post:
kd3pc (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your input guys. Not sure if I would be able to return the zero degree ones. I have an old set I will probably just put in to get it there. But yes, the alignment is cheaper than tires. Mine are quoted for 2500 roughly for a set of 4. And yeah, that laser machine is pretty cool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Caster camber degree help