Topic Sponsor

Breaks--help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaks--help

Truck is a 91 f150
I hear a clicking sound coming from the brakes, the sound stops when I apply the brakes---however I have done front brakes and wheel bearings so it can not be from the fronts, could it be from the rears, if so what do I look for and how do I fix it?????????
Old 09-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Did you put the anti-rattle clips back on the front pads? Believe or not, they do actually work. Had a similar sounding issue on my 91, I had forgot to put them back on and going over bumps or anything the pads would click and clack around against the caliper
Old 09-27-2016, 10:56 PM

It could be the back, that's what happens on my 95 flareside I forgot I set the emergency brake after backing up to a trailer and drove a little with and and tore up everything in the drum but mines not like a ticking it's metal on metal grinding ticking once every wheel rotation mine also stops when I apply the brakes
Old 09-28-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Did you put the anti-rattle clips back on the front pads? Believe or not, they do actually work. Had a similar sounding issue on my 91, I had forgot to put them back on and going over bumps or anything the pads would click and clack around against the caliper
Ok, when I did the fronts I didn't see anything like that. 😞😞 So I guess the person before me didn't put them back in. Do you have a pic of how there supposed to fit by chance ??
Old 09-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't, it was on my last truck, not the current one. I know for one set of pads I had cut little piece of cotter pins and stuffed a piece in each side just so the pad wouldn't rattle against the caliper. Take your wheel off, see if the pads have any movement leading to a sound, and go from there! Anti-rattle stuff isn't rocket science, just don't be crazy lol

Quick Reply: Breaks--help