Topic Sponsor

Alignment Question + Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Question + Introduction

I have just recently purchased my first truck, it's a 1995 F150 XL, with an I6, 5speed, 4x4. After some reading I went and installed the Moog CC844 springs to level the truck out. Now I know this question has been beaten to death but I was thrown off today when I took my truck into an alignment shop and the guy advised me to get pivot axle brackets to correct the camber issues that came with installing the springs. Everything I have read on here suggests the adjustable camber/castor. I was just looking for some information on the axle pivot brackets vs the Adjustable camber/castor bushings and if someone could recommend the best adjustable bushings if that is indeed all I need to fix my alignment issue. I have included a before and after picture of my truck since I have owned it for the past month. Thanks in advance.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  36.0 KB
Old 06-10-2014, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  imasmallge.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  33.8 KB
Old 06-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was just about to post this exact same question. I have a 96 F150, just installed 1.5" inch front leveling springs. Went to Les Schwab to get an alignment today and I got told the same thing! So far with my research its looking like those axle pivot brackets are one hell of a time to install and not cheap either...
Old 07-05-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Just about the post the same thing lol. I am about to just buy the moog bushings and be done w/ it. The allow for I think 2.5 deg of adjustment which I think should be fine w/ just 2" front lift. If I'm remembering correctly, they are like $30 a piece. CG how much different does the ride feel? Is it still pretty comfortable for highway driving?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:01 AM

Hey guys so I just had Les Schwab put on some 2 degree (the largest they had) camber bushings for 100 bucks... I regretted not doing it myself after seeing how easy it was.

Anyway, I'm still pretty cambered. You can visually still see the camber, it looks a little better but barely.... I decided i'm just gonna live with it and not mess with it anymore but it was a 1.5" leveling kit! Does it really gotta be this much of a pain to fix it?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 AM

So you are saying you needed more than 2 deg? If you can see it your going to be needing new tires over and over again

Last edited by choate; 07-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by choate
So you are saying you needed more than 2 deg? If you can see it your going to be needing new tires over and over again
Yup, its ridiculous. I was told that larger tires could improve the camber a little bit, so i'm gonna do that and then see where I wanna go from there. May have to install an axle pivot bracket but not super excited about that...
Old 07-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Get some 31's if you can, then I bet the bushings would work, otherwise Moog makes a bushing that give you up to 3 deg I think. I've been reading about leveling stuff a lot lately and I've hardly ever hear of someone needing the brackets like you mention but maybe they just don't post about it not sure.

Quick Reply: Alignment Question + Introduction