Topic Sponsor

Alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment issues

I have a 6" lift on my 96 f150. I'm running 35 BFG ATs. I took it in for an alignment the other day because my right front wheel is bowing in towards the bottom.
They told me the camber adjusting eccentrics needed to be replaced.
My question is, "Aren't those adjustable?" Hence the name of the part.
Has anyone else run into this kind of issue?
If so, how do you go about knowing which degree setting you need to replace it with?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 AM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbetty96
I have a 6" lift on my 96 f150. I'm running 35 BFG ATs. I took it in for an alignment the other day because my right front wheel is bowing in towards the bottom.
They told me the camber adjusting eccentrics needed to be replaced.
My question is, "Aren't those adjustable?" Hence the name of the part.
Has anyone else run into this kind of issue?
If so, how do you go about knowing which degree setting you need to replace it with?
I don't have any experience with lifts yet but I think they're only adjustable to a certain point and finding out which ones to get is a trial and error thing as far as I remember. I'm sure someone with more experience on this will jump in though.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Formerly "the_breeze"

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

They are adjustable but the factory ones are only mildly adjustable. They can usually be adjusted to accommodate for a 2 inch lift at the max. As far as knowing which ones you will need, I think it's, like he said, trial and error. Someone who has lifted their truck would be of more assistance getting you aimed I. The right direction. As far as swapping them out, if you chose to do them yourself, there is a great guide on this forum. Good pictures and great directions.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks that helps a lot
I've been doing a lot of research and I think I'm almost there
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

When I bought my lift the shop I bought it from said there was a possibility of 2 different camber eccentrics and I bought both just cause I didnt know which I would need, if any... Im getting it aligned next Friday but for the eccentrics it was 71 dollars for both of them and I can return them if I do not need them....

Quick Reply: Alignment issues