Topic Sponsor

Add-A-Leaf Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Add-A-Leaf Help

Hey All, I need some help/write up on installing the add-a-leaf into my leaf spring pack. I haven't really seen any good instructions on how to do it and Rough Country instructions suck! So any help would be greatful! Thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It goes on first, install on the bottom of the spring pack
Old 11-18-2014, 04:30 PM

The 8.8 axle has a pilot stud or a nub sticking up( On the spring perch), your block has a pilot hole to accept it, the spring pack has the same nub or stud as the axle,the add a leaf from rc just has a hole,you just put the add a leaf on frist on top of the block then the spring pack. Make sure it's all lines up then start to tightin it down
Old 11-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No, the add-a-leaf does not go on the very bottom. There's a thick leaf that's almost straight that goes on the very bottom that sits on the spring perch/block. The add-a-lead goes right after that one, and the hole in the add-a-leaf is so that you can run the new longer leaf spring bolt through it. Also, the spring perches on the 8.8 have a hole not a nub. The bottom of the leafs/blocks have a nub that fits into this hole.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1TON94
No, the add-a-leaf does not go on the very bottom. There's a thick leaf that's almost straight that goes on the very bottom that sits on the spring perch/block. The add-a-lead goes right after that one, and the hole in the add-a-leaf is so that you can run the new longer leaf spring bolt through it. Also, the spring perches on the 8.8 have a hole not a nub. The bottom of the leafs/blocks have a nub that fits into this hole.
Yep something like that..its been 2 years since i did mine
Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Just pay attention when you take it apart it just kind of stacks back together like lego's..and yes rc's instructions kinda are vague

Quick Reply: Add-A-Leaf Help