Topic Sponsor

94 F150 SAS donor vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 94 F150 SAS donor vehicle

Been kicking this around for some time now while reading all the SAS posts I could find. Reason I'm doing the swap is to get a little more lift than what the 6" superlift gave and more importantly I just want the look of a solid axle under the truck. Anyway, I just picked up this beauty today off craigslist for $400. This weekend I will stripping everything that I need from the vehicle. Was surprised to see that the coil spring buckets, shock buckets and radius arm brackets are all bolted on. Haven't decided if I will use the coil spring and shock buckets or just stick with the 94 buckets. Feedback on swapping them or not would be great?? Also, not sure if I should use the stock radius arms or go for a set of extended arms (thinking James Duff). I'm not going off road at all, but I want it to ride as good as possible so I was thinking the extended arms would help to give a better ride. Feedback on this would be great as well.
Once everything is stripped off I will be selling the rear end and whatever else I don't use. Think it was a good score for $400. Anyone have any idea of what the 9" rear end's are selling for?

Finally when the swap is complete I will be selling the complete TTB front end which was completely gone through Fall 2015. It would include the complete superlift 6" lift, brand new coils, complete super lift super runner steering, 2 year old Ford Radius arms, axle U joints, spindle bearings, Poly radius arm and pivot bushings.

I would like to get feedback from anyone that has done this swap in the past and kept the truck for a while. Any issues arise up down the road. Frame fatigue, steering issues, etc????

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 94 F150 SAS donor vehicle-truck.jpg   94 F150 SAS donor vehicle-diff-1.jpg   94 F150 SAS donor vehicle-diff-2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:42 PM

Got what I needed off the donor truck and brought it to its finally resting place. Not bad paid $400 for the truck, pulled the Dana 44 with radius arms and the Ford 9in read end and got $128 for scrap. Hopefully I'll be able to unload the rear end and get more of my money back.

Last edited by forrest411; 01-14-2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-22-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much will you be selling the lift for? I just bought a 95 swb 4x4 and a lift will be the first thing I want to do. But i'm also debating wether or not to do a sas.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:51 AM

Sending you a PM