Topic Sponsor

6 inch lift and other suspension components?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 inch lift and other suspension components?

hi i am new here im looking to get a 6 inch lift what other suspension components will i need to keep proper angles will i need a sye or a new axel shaft? also correct gearing for 35 inch tires thanks
Old 08-23-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabrethooth
hi i am new here im looking to get a 6 inch lift what other suspension components will i need to keep proper angles will i need a sye or a new axel shaft? also correct gearing for 35 inch tires thanks
I used a 6" lift kit from Rough Country (with new leafs). Couldn't be happier and it included everything that I needed apart from longer brake lines, which I also bought from RC.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year and model is your truck? I have a 95 f150 that I'm running 35's on with stock gears. It has the e40d automatic transmission in it but it does pretty decent.

But yes, rough country, skyjacker, and the rest of them sell complete lift kits. If you go on summit racing and punch in lit kit and then your year make and model it will bring up everything available for your vehicle. And at the bottom, when you click on a specific part or package, it will give you the option to look at recommended parts and additional required parts. I believe you will still need the extended brake lines (but check the components list of the kit your buying first) and you will probably have to get your drive shaft extended.

I am currently lifting mine six inches. If you pm me I will let you know whether I had to extend my driveshaft or not once I am done and I will tell you what I did to avoid havING to do so if I don't have to.

Quick Reply: 6 inch lift and other suspension components?