Topic Sponsor

4" lift with 31" tires on a 2wd pictures please..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4" lift with 31" tires on a 2wd pictures please..

Just did my lift and found a great deal on Bfgoodrich 31x10.5 15 km2's but not sure how it would look I'm having an awful time trying to find 33's here..can I see pictures of your rides with this setup on 31"s thank you..
Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I give you 4" lift on 2WD with 32" Cooper Discoverer STT.

KM2s are great for the trails, but they have no grip in rain and will be LOUD for a daily driver. Just a heads up.

You're best bet are 31" or 33" Goodyear Duratracs if you want an aggressive looking tire on a daily driver IMO.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM

Also, if its of any use, I photoshoped this photo to see what different size tires would look like with my 4" lift prior to going with the Coopers. Top left is stock (29"), top right is 31", bottom left 32", bottom right 33"

(obviously the wheel size is also enlarged with the photoshopping... so you'd have to imagine the rims would be a bit smaller inside the tire in real life)
Old 05-06-2015, 11:33 PM

Love your truck. This is almost exactly how I envision mine ending up ('95 Eddie Bauer 5.8L RWD long bed). Looks clean and tough, without being crazy. I saw in your sig that you have a Flowmaster dual exhuast. I can't really see in your pics, but is that dual rear exit? If you had any pics of your exhaust you could share I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:19 AM

Brit,

I've actually just put the flowmaster Super 40 duals on this weekend:

I did this all myself with this kit here:

http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/ford...l-exhaust-kit/

(if you go with this option, buy it from Amazon as you'll save 10 dollars in handling fees over the truckexhaustkit website)

I was happy with the above kit in the respect that all the parts fit in the end. I was not happy with the fact that someone packed my box with 2.25" pipe (which I wanted) and a Super 40 with 3" inlet and 2.5" outlets (which are too big for the pipe). I had to buy 3 or 4 adapters to get the kit to fit together. Took a bit of ingenuity to get the hangers on as well, but at least I didn't have to drill any frame holes. Personally, for $300 (the price I paid) I would just take it into an exhaust shop and have them custom make you a system. It'll end up close to the same price, and you won't have any trouble with things clanking or not fitting exactly right. Something on mine is clanking as I go over bumps, so I'm a bit disappointed there.
The following users liked this post:
BritiG8r (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015, 12:50 AM

That looks great. So you think it would be easier to just have an exhaust shop make something? Did you have any issues with getting the dual rear exit to clear the dual fuel tanks? Most of the rear exit "kits" I have seen say they will not work with dual tanks. I have not really got under the truck to see where the exhaust would be routed, guess I should do that.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:08 AM

The kit from Truckexhaustkits clears the rear tank (and promises to do so in its description) just fine. If you have a spare wheel it will even clear that too. I had no issues with clearance.. the pipes are bent pretty conservatively so that it'll fit around basically everything underneath. The downside to that is that its not a tightly fitting application to your specific truck, and therefore it may be more susceptible to vibration and things than if you had a custom system made. If you go wheeling at all you would probably tear this kit up.

With that being said, I would just get a quote at a shop. Make sure you find the truckexhaustkit you want, and ask for all the same features for your quote (like mandrel bent pipes if you want them, chrome tips, etc)
Old 05-10-2015, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the pictures and advice! I'm saving the pics as inspiration for my ride.
Originally Posted by ajcarson11
The kit from Truckexhaustkits clears the rear tank (and promises to do so in its description) just fine. If you have a spare wheel it will even clear that too. I had no issues with clearance.. the pipes are bent pretty conservatively so that it'll fit around basically everything underneath. The downside to that is that its not a tightly fitting application to your specific truck, and therefore it may be more susceptible to vibration and things than if you had a custom system made. If you go wheeling at all you would probably tear this kit up.

With that being said, I would just get a quote at a shop. Make sure you find the truckexhaustkit you want, and ask for all the same features for your quote (like mandrel bent pipes if you want them, chrome tips, etc)

Quick Reply: 4" lift with 31" tires on a 2wd pictures please..